Architectural Detailing: Function, Constructibility, Aesthetics

Category: Books,Engineering & Transportation,Engineering

Architectural Detailing: Function, Constructibility, Aesthetics Details

From the Publisher Describes systematically and in readily usable form the principles by which good architectural details are designed. The principles are laid out in 83 brief but profusely illustrated ``detail patterns''. The first section examines each of the patterns and illustrates several instances of its use. The latter part demonstrates the execution of these patterns in the design of key details for three different buildings types. Extensively illustrated. Read more

Reviews

I've been working in the architectural industry under the direction of the project architect for just about three years now. I remember my first couple of years being terrified of details, particularly those of consultants. The information in them was far too abstract for me to truly understand, and me creating my own details was too daunting of a task. I'm at a point now where I can much better understand and appreciate details, and I've finally begun coordinating and drawing my own from the various disciplines. There's certainly still room for improvement, and I've found this book to be a tremendous resource for me. Since many design professionals do not have actual construction experience (myself included), it is difficult to imagine some of the nuances of the various building components and how they actually come together in the field. This book makes you think about the realities of construction and articulates some simple yet often overlooked principles in construction. Effective details result in faster and cheaper assemblies, both in material and labor. Your clients will appreciate the lower budget and shortened schedule. Construction professionals will respect you for understanding and appreciating the realities of construction. It has always been my goal to not design from the ivory tower, and this book has served me well in in paving the path to my becoming a well-rounded architect. I would strongly recommend this book to any soon-to-be design professional who is serious about learning the nuts-and-bolts of building components and how to detail them.

Feature Ad (728)

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel